How in the world are you already five years old?
Walker, let me first tell you how much I love your curiosity. You are eager to understand things. Like why some tractors have eight wheels instead of four. The difference between a putter and a wedge club. Whether your daddy could wrestle an alligator if he had to. If the cross that we passed on the way to the beach was Jesus' real cross.
You are a thinker. And a ponderer of sorts. Which makes you a learner. I am so thankful that I am able to be at home and be the one answering all of your questions. You learn best by doing. You would rather play with blocks than do a worksheet any ole' day. You started five-day-a-week preschool this year. Your teachers are Mrs. Lyons and Mrs. Dentinger, both wonderful teachers.
You love sports.
You started riding your bike without training wheels this summer. You also swim without floaties. You have this spin move that you do off the diving board. Stresses me out every time. And you did golf clinic this summer. One of your favorite things to do is visit the driving range with your daddy. This fall, you played soccer, You make the most proud little face when you score. I love it. Daddy was your coach. You are playing basketball again this winter.
Of course you are still obsessed with basketball. In fact, you got to meet your favorite UK player, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. You were starstruck.
My greatest delight is to watch you emulate your dad. You have the same expressions. You eat the same foods. You listen to his music. You even want to mow the lawn by his side. You two are best friends.
Here are some random things about this age that I don't want to forget...
- You beg to watch the shows Gator Boys and Call of the Wildman.
- You wear your goggles in the bathtub.
- Teacup piggies & not nice bulldozer with Daddy & Wren.
- You have a John Deere book bag with your name on it.
- You ask for a "hot spots" (cuddles:).
- You have been asking a lot of questions about heaven lately. You are particularly interested in what kinds of animals will be there.
- You love cereal as much as your mama does.
- Your hair is floppy and still has some blonde left over from summer.
I love you, little one. I am trying to cherish every day we have together before you start kindergarten. Although you definitely think your dad is the coolest, you still have quite the soft spot for Maumaw:). And I certainly have quite the affinity for you, Walker Dude.